Close, Test and Release Fire Vents
Fire vents are required in most theatres and multi-story structures. Currently, many fire vents are operated using hand winches or other types of equipment not specifically designed for this use. Testing and resetting fire vents is a difficult challenge, and are not done as often as they should be. The Fire Vent Closure Winch from Thern is a unique product specifically designed to solve these problems.
Thern’s FVC-1000 provides a way to securely close fire vents, test and reset as required, and release in the event of a fire.
- Band brake adjusts to provide adequate braking tension
- Spring loaded ratchet provides positive load control
- Removable handle stores in secure compartment
- Test arm provides convenient testing method
- Designed for use with standard ETL
- Hinged access panel locks to prevent unauthorized operation
- Spur gears are machine cut from solid steel
- Corrosion resistant dichromate black plated finish
- Bronze and radial ball bearings provide smooth, efficient operation
- Solid steel gear covers and guard plates protect gears
- Large diameter drum minimizes wire rope wear
- Designed for horizontal base or wall mounting
- Standard 2-Year Limited Warranty